Saturday, January 24, 2015

Study Space

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Hello all!!!
 
With the spring semester approaching, or has already begun for some, I decided to share my "study space"!
 
As a commuter, I have TONS of options to get some peace and quiet both at home and on campus. But I love coming home to my own room and sitting down at my desk.
 
Interestingly, I don't actually do much school work at my desk let alone at home. I usually do most of my work on campus mainly because I get too distracted at home. I find myself most productive at school with a big iced coffee of course!! :-)
 
Aside from that, I have to say, I love the little corner in my room I have delegated for my desk area. I've had this desk since I was very young and never really understood what I would use it for. I always did homework at the kitchen table and instead found myself using the chair to put my clean clothes I needed to put away on, and using the top as a table for all of my stuff.
 
During my recent winter break I found myself using it more and I finally think I've found the perfect set up for myself and my desk. Surprisingly, I find myself actually wanting to sit at it and do a million different things.
 
I think part of it is because I love the way it looks.  On one corner, I have keepsakes from my boyfriend and many silly little things we've found or done throughout out four year relationship. I still smile every time I look that way and think of him.  I always wanted to keep pens on my desk and finally found the perfect container! How freaking adorable is this mason jar?? Yes, I bought it like this and it actually came with a gold cover. I filled it with colorful pens which I love to use for basically anything I can! I also LOVE keeping a coaster close. My favorite thing recently is to scroll through pinterest while drinking my coffee. I actually find myself doing that most days. I finish it with this adorable desk calendar which I actually found online and just put it in the frame to stay nice.
 
I also love keeping a calendar like this on my desk. Although I don't really use it, I love the way it looks and keeps my desk neat. You'll also notice I keep my planner and these adorable notepads I got. It just reminds me to actually use them!!
 
I hope you guys enjoyed this post!! I loved sharing my little corner with you all.
 
What does your study space look like??
 
With love,
Mariss
 
 
Desk Accessories:
Candles- Bath and Body Works
Gold Mason Jar- Dollar Section at Target
Desk Calendar (Frame)- History in High Heels Blog (Freebies Section)
*Thank you to this blog for sharing all of the awesome freebies!! The prints are amazing!! *
Desk Calendar- Walmart
Planner- Kate Spade Large Agenda
Notepads- Both from TJ Maxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment